The eternal principles of summer are as follows: barbeque, bright colors, and light makeup. For me, this translates into an irresistible urge for baby back ribs, a penchant for splashly hues, and my surrender to the siren call of the fashionably nude look–or my version of it, which is beachy and luminous rather than bare. The nude look basically means I spend twice as much time putting on my makeup to appear as though I’m wearing less of it. This is the best-kept secret about summer beauty, my lovelies; effortless glamour and cool allure are seldom achieved without…well…effort.
Sublimefemme’s Top Ten Summer Beauty Faves:
1. Famous Dave’s Moisture Tan. No, it’s not a barbeque sauce; it’s the holy grail of self-tanners! It’s better than pricey department store sunless tanners plus it doesn’t have that awful DHA smell. Dries fast and the color is very natural-looking.
2. Aveda Smoothing Body Polish. Great for exfloliating before applying self-tanner.
3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact. I love these multi-purpose highlighters, which can double as a blush or eyeshadow, too.
4. Lorac‘s ProtecTINT SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer. The best tinted moisturizer I’ve ever used, ProtecTINT is terrific under foundation or alone. For a cost-effective alternative, try Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30. Both are oil-free.
5. MAC Skinsheen Leg Spray. I like using this bronzing mousse on my arms too. It’s instant glamazon.
6. Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner SPF 15. I always have one of these in my purse.
7. Rusk Sensories Brilliance Grapefruit & Honey Leave-In Color Protector. Helps protect your hair color from damaging summer rays.
8. Cargo Bronzer in Medium. Delivers a beautiful, sunkissed glow. No kidding.
9. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 45. I love how fast and easy this is to apply.
10. Lancôme Courbe Virtuose Mascara (curl) or Lancôme Hypnose Mascara (volume). Mascara is a great way to look polished but not overdone during summer, and these smudge-proof, non-clumpy mascaras give you big beautiful lashes with staying power. However, don’t expect Courbe Virtuose to work solo; it does a great job of augmenting the curl of your lashes but you still need to use an eyelash curler!
What are your summer beauty secrets?
Filed under: Beauty |